Monday, February 16, 2009

Why do I blog? Let me count the ways.

Why do I blog? Sometimes I forget why.

My (other) blog ain't a popular site. No way that it is. But I've got (few) readers, anyway. I am truly honored by their presence. But honestly, they get me ill at ease sometimes. Thinking of "what do they want to read about" instead of "what do I want to write about" loses some spontaneity. And my unwillingness to share some personal stories wanders me out of my goal. Of the real reason why I blog.

I blog ultimately for myself. It is supposed to be a private retreat more than anything else. A place where I commune with myself and hollow out something not known even to me. On the other hand, it feels good to have readers. I am not left alone with my thoughts. They journey with me somehow. But how far am I willing to share to them my life stories? How far can I compromise? There lies the obstacle.

So, I created this new blog for the reasons all stated above. I hope it fills up the void. As for my other blog, it remains to be shared. But let me REMIND MYSELF. The success of my blog should not rely on whether or not I have readers. Rather, it relies on how it makes me feel good about myself at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment